Video Marketing Statistics
Why video marketing is so important for your business? The best way to emphasise the importance of video marking is to just start by looking at a few statistics (courtesy of wyzowl.com).
- 85% of businesses use video as a marketing tool. This was 87% in 2019, 81% in 2018, 63% in 2017 and 61% in 2016.
- 92% of marketers who use video say that it’s an important part of their marketing strategy. This was 91% in 2019, 85% in 2018, 82% in 2017, 88% in 2016 and 78% in 2015.
- 99% of people who use video for marketing say they’ll continue using video in 2020.
- The most commonly-created types of video are explainer videos (72%) presentation videos (49%) testimonial videos (48%) sales videos (42%) and video ads (42%).
- 96% of people have watched an explainer video to learn more about a product or service.
- 84% of people say that they’ve been convinced to buy a product or service by watching a brand’s video.
- 74% of people say they’ve been convinced to buy or download a piece of software or app by watching a video.
- When asked how they’d most like to learn about a product or service, two-thirds of people (66%) said they’d prefer to watch a short video. This compares to 18% who’d rather read a text-based article, website or post, 4% who’d like to view an infographic, 3% who’d rather download an ebook or manual, 3% who’d rather attend a webinar or pitch, and 2% who’d like a sales call or demo.
- People watch an average of 16 hours of online video per week – a 52% increase in the last 2 years.
- People are twice as likely to share video content with their friends than any other type of content.
We could actually list many more stats but I’m sure that you can see the importance of using video in your business just from the few above.
Your next thoughts should be turning to whether enough resources to create and use video content in your marketing? With today’s technology all you need is a smartphone, a couple of free pieces of software and a YouTube account and your good to go.
If you were to invest a little bit of money you would actually see great returns on investment (ROI). good news is that your videos don’t have to be perfect. It’s the content that matters! The latest research shows (wyzowl.com) that the quality of the videos is a secondary issue and that users are mostly put off by videos that don’t explain the product or service clearly enough.
Video Builds Trust
One benefit of producing videos for your business that is often overlooked is that it builds trust . When you consider it the whole concept of any form of content marketing is based on building trust and thereby hopefully generating long-term relationships. It allows you to stop hard selling and allow the audience to come to you by giving them interesting and helpful information that they can benefit from.
Google Likes Videos
Whatever we think of Google, love them or hate them, if you want to make the most of your online business you have to work with them.
The good news is that Google love video content. Did you know that you are 53 times more likely show up first on Google if you have a video embedded on your website.(moovly.com). As YouTube is part of Google and is also the second most popular search engine on the web, there is a significant correlation in how much videos affect your search engine rank.
Catering For Mobile Users
Now that mobile internet usage outstrips desktop usage it pays to consider the mobile user first. Indeed Google policy when it comes to analysing and ranking in search is ‘Mobile First’! For a mobile use video is a much more accessible medium than long text articles. YouTube own statistics show mobile video consumption rises 100% year on year. Since people like to watch videos on the go, and the number of smartphone users is growing, the potential audience for you video content will keep increasing exponentially .
Video Encourages Social Sharing
Social networks also encourage video content and constantly creating new features. Indeed the biggest entry and currently the fastest growing social network on the social landscape in the last year has been TikTok. TikTok is wholly a video creation and consumption platform with its users videos often shared across pretty much all the other networks. Seeing something on video and the ease with it can be shared with just a couple of clicks means that if your content it is good it can go viral very quickly.
Understanding the type of video to be share is key. It is important to note that most videos shared on social media context almost always have a resonance in that people share emotions, not facts. However, 76% of users say they would share a branded video with their friends if it was entertaining.
Conclusion as to why video marketing is so important
With video becoming more and more accessible video content and video advertising is becoming more affordably and ubiquitous . Video popularity growth is partly due to technical advancements, but also to the fact that it is easy to share across the globe. Making videos for your business not requires imagination and an understanding of human psychological. In many respects technical skills and production quality are the least important aspects of video marketing . The cocktails of these components allow the production of real content reach at very low cost.
In a matter of days, you can have a video marketing campaign up and running creative video publicity with emotional charges that can be distributed on the Internet, with millions of views. This is why video marketing is so important for your business.